Starfish Series & Triple Crown: More Races. More Awards.
“As a new runner, I didn’t realize how much I would grow in the sport by signing up for the series. Naturally, as I participated in each race I began to improve in my time, my control and learn what my body’s needs to refuel are. I have learned so much about myself by simply signing up for the series of half marathons. I look forward to my third series this fall!”
The Florida Road Races Starfish Series
- Participate in 3 races in the series season to be eligible for awards
- Run as many races as you can. We will score all of your races.
- Awards will be presented to the top 3 male and female overall and age groups
- End-of-season celebration for all series qualifiers
The scoring is simple. The age groups for the Starfish Race Series are 0-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+ You will earn age group points in these age groups for each race you participate. The points are as follows:
|Number of Points
You must run a minimum of three (3) races to qualify for the series and be eligible for awards. You can win your age group by participating in 3 Starfish Race Series events. We will score all of your races in the series. The more you run, the better chance you have to win!
- Run 2 races… sorry out of luck. Can’t win an award
- Run 3 races… you can win an award. We will score all three races
- Run 4 races… you can win an award. We will score all four races
- Run 5 races… you can win an award. We will score all five races & YOU GET A SPECIAL GIFT!
Age-Up Rule. Your age group is defined for ALL races in the Starfish Race Series based on your age as of the date of the Florida Shamrock Halfathon. That means that the age group you will be competing in is your age as of the date of the Florida Shamrock Halfathon. Remember this when you look at race results from the Starfish race Series races. Someone may be in the 30-34 age group at a specific race, but for Starfish race Series they may be in the 35-39 age group (thus taking away your valuable points… darn that rule!)
Tie-Breaker. In the case of a tie, the highest average place finish per event will be used to break the deadlock. If two runners have the same number of points and the same average place finish, a head-to-head tiebreaker will be used to declare the winner (whoever won the most head-to-head races). If each runner is still tied, the runner who has finished the most races will win. If each runner ran the same number of races, then the LAST race in the year. BOTH runners who participated will be used to decide the head-to-head tiebreaker. For example, if both runners participate in The Holiday Halfathon, the runner winning the head-to-head competition will be declared the winner. If two runners are tied and do not compete head-to-head against each other, then the runner who finished the latest race in the calendar will be the winner.
The Fort De Soto Triple Crown
Join us for the Triple Crown Challenge by completing any combination of races at the beautiful Fort De Soto Park (5K, 10K, 15K, Halfathon) during our 2022-23 season. In addition to earning three finisher’s medals, you’ll also receive our beautiful Triple Crown medal when you cross the Shamrock Distance Classic finish line – our last race of the season.
TRIPLE CROWN RACE DATES: Our race season starts in September 2022 and ends in March 2023:
September 25, 2022: Fort De Soto 15K, 10K, 5K – Fort De Soto Park
October 30, 2022: Halloween Halfathon, 10K, 5K – Fort De Soto Park
March 4, 2023: Shamrock Halfathon, 10K, 5K – Fort De Soto Park
- The Fort De Soto 15K, 10K, and 5K courses showcase the natural beauty of this Florida barrier island. Named the nation’s #1 Beach in 2005, you’ll run on flat, paved recreational trails (no sand!) with vast views of the tranquil Gulf. See course maps.
- The Halloween Distance Classic courses at Fort De Soto are fast and flat. Made up of recreational trails and access roads in this beautiful state park, you’ll enjoy seeing the sunrise over the Sunshine Skyway. Great for setting PRs. See course maps.
- The Holiday Distance Classic course starts in Madeira Beach and ends at Taylor Park. You’ll run through exclusive residential and commercial areas in our beach communities, along smoothly paved Pinellas Trail, and through shaded public parks. The Park Blvd. bridge adds some hill-work to your run or walk. Shuttle buses will bring you back from the finish line to the start line. See course maps.
- The St. Petersburg Distance Classic courses are a scenic tour through St. Pete, from the sparkling waterfront to beautiful historic neighborhoods, the trendy downtown, and the shaded Pinellas Trail – a rails-to-trails linear park. See course maps.
- The Shamrock Halfathon course is the same as the Halloween Halfathon course. Measure your progress from your first race to your last – perhaps you’ll set some PRs! See course maps.
We’re located in the beautiful Tampa Bay area, with races in St. Petersburg, Fort DeSoto Park, and Madeira Beach to Largo.
ABOUT OUR RACES
“This was one of the most organized races I have ever participated in. From all of the pre-race updates, to the race, to the post-race activities, everything was top notch. Thank you for a great experience.”
– R.B., Lakeland
Our 2023-24 Season
Fort De Soto Distance Classic
15K, 10K, 5K & Virtual
Sunday, September 17, 2023
Fort De Soto Park
Downtown St. Pete