- The Marathon, Halfathon, and 10K all start at North Shore park at 6:30 am, 41 minutes prior to sunrise.
- The 5K Race / Walk starts at 7:00 am, 12 minutes before sunrise.
- There is an mandatory early start for any athlete expecting to exceed a 14-minute pace in the marathon, halfathon, or 10K
- All courses tour through an exclusive waterfront neighborhood, with wonderful water views. All courses are very flat with very few inclines of consequence.
- Our halfathon and marathon courses also run through our downtown waterfront, our booming downtown, and Central Avenue featuring an eclectic mix of unique local stores.
- The Pinellas Trail is a featured portion for both the halfathon and marathon, with both courses running next to Tropicana Field and immediately adjacent to 1st Avenue South.
- For marathon runners, 13.1 miles will be run on the Pinellas Trail, a Rails-to-Trails, Hall of Fame, linear park stretching from St. Petersburg to Tarpon Springs. Runners will run to a turnaround point near Tyrone Mall before heading back towards the waterfront
- Each marathoner will run past every other marathon participant, whether heading west or east on the return trip.
- North Shore Park overlooks Tampa Bay – a beautiful setting to finish and celebrate your achievement.
We’re located in the beautiful Tampa Bay area, with races in St. Petersburg, Fort DeSoto Park, and Madeira Beach to Largo.
ABOUT OUR RACE…
“St. Pete is a city that has really been revitalized in the past 15 years. As such, this race does a great job of showcasing the city, as well as the award-winning Pinellas rail to trail, which is where you run the majority of the 2nd half of the marathon. The race is very well organized, and the director and his wife work tirelessly to ensure every athlete has a great racing experience, regardless of the distance run. There are good hotels to stay at near the race start and finish line, and there is also ample parking. The weather this year was perfect, which really helps when you are running a marathon, and the after-party was also well above average, with hot pasta and free beer.”
– Carol Greening, Sarasota, FL
Our 2024-25 Season
Fort De Soto Distance Classic
15K, 10K, 5K & Virtual
Sunday, September 15, 2024
Fort De Soto Park
Downtown St. Pete