Registration is now OPEN for our St. Petersburg Virtual Run during the weeks surrounding February 11th to coincide with the actual running of our races. This allows athletes to run or walk anywhere in the world and still earn one of our finisher’s medals.
Our Virtual Runs provided funds for numerous non-profit groups, including Calvary Chapel, Largo United Soccer U15, Largo HS Cross Country, Largo HS Key Club, Pinellas Park HS First Responders, Pinellas Park HS Key Club, Sunlake Key Club, Tarpon Springs Band Booster, Tutterow Stars, Some Place Special, Labrador Retriever Rescue, Chillin’ For A Cause, Suncoast Striders, Tampa Bay Fit, St. Pete Road Runners as well as our Entry-Fee Assistance program.
In the past, the Virtual Runs have helped raise money for:
- Support Our Marines, Inc. founded by one of our loyal athletes, Dianne Villano, to support troops in the most remote locations.
- Partners For Life Foundation created by Lorraine Yaslowitz to support families who lose loved ones to senseless acts of violence in memory of her husband Jeff, a K9 police officer in St. Petersburg, FL, lost in the line of duty in 2011.
Here is how our Virtual Runs work:
Our virtual runs are staged completely on the honor system. By registering, we assume you will complete the mileage required.
1) Registration is $30 for the virtual race (any distance). International athletes are charged an extra $10.00 to cover the cost of international shipping. T-shirts are not included to keep the entry fee and shipping low.
2) Athletes can complete a Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, or 5K during the two weeks before and after February 11.
3) We will mail you the official St. Petersburg Distance Classic finisher medal a week after the race.
4) Please share your results, experience, and photos on our Facebook Event page. Your results will NOT be recorded as official results, nor will you be eligible for age group awards or rankings. It is unnecessary to send us emails to report results, but you can share your comments.
“As one of your virtual marathoners (got my first few miles in yesterday morning here in WI), I want to tell you what an awesome, awesome job you are doing. The race information you provide is the best I’ve ever read – thorough, easy to understand and covering just about everything.
Thank you for putting this together. The workload must be enormous.
If we lived closer, I would definitely participate in some of your other races. I’m proud to be one of your virtual runners and so thankful for the wonderful charity work you do.
Again, thank you.”
Debbi Segina, a proud member of the Adams County Running/Walking Club
We’re located in the beautiful Tampa Bay area, with races in St. Petersburg, Fort DeSoto Park, and Madeira Beach to Largo.
– Craig Hablewitz, Virtual Runner
Our 2023-24 Season
Fort De Soto Distance Classic
15K, 10K, 5K & Virtual
Sunday, September 17, 2023
Fort De Soto Park
Downtown St. Pete