Can I register on race day?
Yes. Registration is at the North Shore Park, St. Petersburg race site, starting at 5:00 a.m. Please get there early so we can process your registration.
No Questions Asked Refund Policy / No Worries Guarantee
“No Questions Asked” Refund Policy
Our “No Questions Asked” Refund Policy can be purchased for $9.95 per person during registration (not after). If you choose this option, your registration fees will be refunded (minus processing fees). You must cancel by Thursday, February 8, at 6:00 p.m. (Thursday before the race.)
All requests must be emailed to [email protected]
No Worries Guarantee
We love our community of runners and walkers. We love creating memorable race experiences for everyone. Our “No Worries Guarantee” is offered to all St. Petersburg Distance Classic registrants if you can not race with us for some reason. Requests must be made by Thursday, February 8, at 6:00 p.m. (Thursday before the race.)
• You may defer your race entry to a future St. Petersburg Distance Classic race.
• You may switch to the virtual option, and we will mail your medal, T, and bib after the race.
Bib numbers are not transferrable.
All requests must be emailed to [email protected]
This event follows the standard running industry policy: All entry fees are non-refundable, except for those athletes who purchase the “No Questions Asked” Refund Policy. We reserve the right to postpone or cancel the event due to circumstances beyond our control, such as a natural disaster or emergency, or as required to protect the safety of participants and staff. No refunds will be issued under these circumstances. We reserve the right to change the event’s details without prior notice.
Do you take credit cards on race day?
Yes we do.
Can I transfer my bib to another runner?
Sorry but no. You may not give or sell your bib to another individual. The other individual’s results may compromise scoring as they may be in a different age bracket or gender than yourself. The other individual will not be covered by USATF race insurance if there should be an injury. They could be disqualified. We suggest purchasing our “No Worries” guarantee for $9.95 when you register (not after) if you are not 100% sure you can attend the race.
Is there online confirmation?
Athletes who register online receive immediate confirmation from RunSignUp.com.
What do I do if I cannot find my registration?
Email us [email protected] In the subject line please put “Missing Registration.” Be sure to include your first and last name that you registered under (maiden name, etc.).
Are there packet pickups before the race?
Yes. There are packet pickups before the race. Click here for schedule.
Can someone else pick up my race packet?
Can I pick up my packet on race day?
Yes, there will be packet pickup at the race site from 5:30 – 6:45 a.m. Please come early so you have plenty of time to prepare for the start of the race.
Directions, Parking, Bag Drop Off
How do I get to the start line at North Shore Park, St. Petersburg?
Is there parking?
City officials have requested us to encourage our athletes to park at the Sundial Parking Lot, located at 117 2nd Street North for a flat fee of $5.00. It is 9/10th of a mile from the start line, open 24/7
Is there a Bag Drop Off?
Yes. We will have a designated area for bag drop off. Please look for a table with a “Bag Check” sign near the entrance. This is strictly by the honor system. No wallets, cell phones, or other valuables should be put in the bags as we cannot be responsible for missing items.
Is the St. Petersburg Marathon a Boston Qualifier?
The marathon course is accurately measured to USATF certification standards and will therefore be a Boston Qualifier for 2023 and beyond. Certification number is FL19019TY.
Are the courses certified?
When is the start time?
7:00 a.m. Start of 5K Race / Walk
Is there a course time limit?
The finish line for all races will be open for 6 hours from the 6:30 a.m. start, meaning 12:30 p.m.
Anyone expecting to exceed a 14 minute pace are required to start early at 6:00 am, and stay on the sidewalk until runners starting at 6:30 am pass by.
The course on public roads will open to traffic based upon that pace. For instance, marathoners should be at the midpoint by 9:30 a.m., regardless of start time. Athletes slower than that will need to move to the sidewalks and adhere to all pedestrian laws.
Are strollers, dogs or bicycles allowed on the course during the race?
Sorry but no. We love babies and dogs, but only runners, joggers, and walkers are allowed on the course due to our insurance restrictions and liability concerns.
Will you have aid stations and portalets on the course?
Located throughout each race course.
MARATHON: at about Miles 2, 3.4, 5.4, 6.7, 8.1, 9.8, 11.3, 12.8. 14.1, 16.1, 17, 19, 20.3, 21.8. 23.1, 24.7. 25.9.
HALFATHON: at about Miles 2, 3.4, 5.4, 6.7, 8.1, 9.8, then at miles 11.6, 12.8
THE SAME AID STATIONS ARE USED FOR FOR THE 10K & 5K
We offer lemon-lime Gatorade and water at numerous aid stations during each event. Athletes who feel they will need additional hydration than what we provide are welcome to make their own arrangements, such as carrying additional fluids or having friends meet them along the course.
- All aid stations will be supplied with Vaseline. We do not offer gels on the course because of the potential G.I. issues they may cause for athletes who have not trained using them. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN GELS!
Is there medical support?
Our SAG vehicle will pick up runners unable to finish and bring them to the finish line once the van fills up or after the last walker. The SAG Vehicle is not a taxi and will pick up runners after the field has passed each check-in post. Entrants are welcome to call family and friends to be picked up at your convenience.
Will there be food at the finish line?
Yes, we have a fabulous post-race party including pasta, breakfast pastries, fruit, munchies and beer. There is live music for your entertainment.
Will I receive a finisher medal?
When is the award ceremony and where is it held?
The awards ceremony is located at the races’ post-race party area at North Shore Park, as follows (times are estimated based on when finishers come in):
What are the awards and age group breakdowns?
- Age Group Awards – 3 deep in standard 5 year age groups
- Overall Male & Female Awards – 3 deep
- Masters (40+) Male & Female Awards – 3 deep
- Grandmasters (50+) Male & Female Awards – 3 deep
Sponsorship and Booth Space
How do I become a sponsor?
Please contact Rya Lauber for more information at [email protected]
I'm interested in getting booth space at the race. How do I find out about this?
Please contact Rya Lauber for more information about booth space at [email protected].
Is there a virtual run for this race?
Yes. Please go the Virtual Runs page for information.
I would like to volunteer. How can I do this?
Thank you for your inquiry! Be a part of the support system for your running community and the out-of-towners who join us. Your time, energy, and support are invaluable to all of us! Please go to the Volunteers page to sign up.
What is the Volunteer Fundraising Opportunity?
If your group would like to participate, please register NOW! These are offered on a first-come basis and may fill up quickly.
What charities are you affiliated with?
Florida Road Races is a family-owned and operated business. Most of the revenue generated covers expenses, and hopefully, some profit, so we may continue to operate. Earning our living in this sport allows us to give back to our community in a variety of ways:
1) Unlike some other singular-cause events where all the proceeds go to one non-profit, we donate cash to a number of local, micro non-profits such as running clubs, youth athletic teams, etc. that support our races with their volunteers.
2) We offer direct support to athletes in financial need through our Entry Fee Assistance program.
3) We often provide comp entries as raffle items for auctions at churches, schools, fundraisers, etc., and we donate modest amounts of cash when our athletes raise funds for their pet projects.
4) Through our races, we provide exposure to other fundraising events via Facebook posts, emails, and our goody bags.
5) Our biggest area of charitable endeavor is to provide our race management services, equipment, and time, pro bono or partial pro-bono, to non-profits that stage races. In prior years, we did this for the Partners For Life Police Appreciation Run. More recently, we helped the Celma Mastry Ovarian Cancer Foundation increase participation by 50% for its One Step Closer to the Cure 5K / 10K / 1 Miler. We helped a fellow race director stage her Sunrise Run for three years. We have also offered our time or equipment when applicable, such as volunteering at Gasparilla and the St. Pete Road Runners 5K Beach Series.
6) The absolute most satisfying charitable endeavor was to create and stage the “Tampa Bay for Boston Memorial Run.” About three weeks after the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013, we hosted 800 athletes in St. Petersburg for a candlelight vigil and memorial run, raising $15,000 for the bombing victims through The One Fund Boston. As you can see, we LOVE being a part of the Tampa Bay running community and thoroughly enjoy being in a position where we can help in many ways.
Finally, for each individual athlete who participates with us, we offer the opportunity to achieve goals they once thought impossible.
We’re located in the beautiful Tampa Bay area, with races in St. Petersburg, Fort DeSoto Park, and Madeira Beach to Largo.
“Thanks again for a well-run race! For me it is local, but it is worth traveling to. Florida is very pretty this time of year. The weather is unpredictable, but you will never run in snow 🙂 and you will rarely run in rain. There are lots of inexpensive local hotels and plenty to do in this area. The race staff is well-organized, the volunteers (and lots of them) are all very friendly and helpful. The race is relatively small so the pack breaks up within a mile and you can usually get a good time. The race has been well-supported. Today we had a lot of wind which made it a challenge, but that’s why we do this, right?”
– Tom Wells, St. Petersburg, FL
Our 2023-24 Season
Fort De Soto Distance Classic
15K, 10K, 5K & Virtual
Sunday, September 17, 2023
Fort De Soto Park
Downtown St. Pete